Powered By Blogger

www.naijastories.com

A site where u can find divers talented Nigerian writers and very unique pieces.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Through my eyes.


We are friends
Yet, we constantly war
We are lovers
Yeah, wats the colour?

You want to be with me tonight
But you don't want to see me tomorrow morning
You want to chat with me
But you don't want to type any words

You come to visit me
But you don't want to stay
You call me wifey
But you don't give me your last name

You want me for keeps
But you don't want to keep me
You want to wed me
But you don't want to slip the ring on

I cry with you
But you've never seen my tears
I smile with you
But you didn't notice, it didn't get to my eyes

You love me
But you're not sure I'm the one
You trust me
But you don't believe me

Yes, you want me
No! you don't
God! You're not sure now
Wat's up now?

You call me sugar
Yet I make your life bitter
You take me out
Yet you don't want to be seen with me

We go in together
But you leave with someelse
You give your love to someelse
But you share your dreams with me

You want to speak to me
But you have nothing to say
You are concerned about me
But you turn away when I run to you

Even when we are together
We are miles apart
Even when I'm holding unto you
I'm slipping away

This irony must end
I need someone my heart can defend
And my trust can depend
A forever friend

I've crossed the line
Now, I'm on the side
There's no turning back
I'm taking my life back

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Very heartfelt.
    Very easy to relate with too!

    ReplyDelete